Choosing dehumidifiers for home that perform well and go the distance can be challenging, but having the right information before you shop can help make the process much easier. Consumer dehumidifier reviews and reliable dehumidifiers ratings alike list the Frigidaire 70-pint dehumidifier as the leader of the pack! Find out why it’s the number one choice across the board.
Introducing an Ideal Way to Moderate Your Indoor Environment
Making the decision to look into purchasing my own dehumidifiers for home literally changed my life. As someone who has suffered from severe allergies and asthma since childhood, I’d pretty much just gotten used to not really feeling well or being able to breathe properly a long time ago. However, when I became a mom and saw that my two children had apparently inherited my predisposition for respiratory problems, I knew I had to take action and really get on the ball when it came to making the air in my home safe and comfortable for them to breathe.
After doing a little research on the subject of what to look for in a good dehumidifier, checking out various dehumidifiers ratings, and reading what must have been a hundred different dehumidifier reviews, I found the 70-pint dehumidifier from Frigidaire. The following is my personal assessment of the product as a consumer, a mom and long-time respiratory ailment sufferer.
What Features Do You Get With This Product?
I shop online and by catalog quite a lot, so I know how important it is to know beforehand what you can expect to find out of the box when it comes to purchasing something like decent dehumidifiers for a home. The following are the product’s primary features.
- It comes complete with a 6-foot power cord to make finding a place for your dehumidifier a snap.
- An anti-microbial filter that helps eliminate harmful bacteria, germs and allergens from the air in your home.
- Ability to completely fine-tune the humidity level in the room where the dehumidifier is located.
- It’s 115 volts; 765 cool watts as far as power level. It’s also certified by Energy Star – a perfect solution for those keeping an eye on their energy bill or looking to do their part to preserve the environment.
Compact and Convenient for Ease of Use
The unit itself weighs about 44 pounds and measures 17.75 x 15.3 x 25 inches. It also comes complete with caster wheels and sturdy side handles to make moving the unit from room to room a little bit easier on you. Not all dehumidifiers for home come with this attention toward mobility in mind, so I was really glad to see that Frigidaire had included this convenience.
It’ll Be Like Living in a Different Room
The Frigidaire dehumidifier literally made my bedroom feel like a completely different room. We live in an area that really does tend to get muggy in the summers and that aggravates my respiratory system to a very high degree I can’t believe how simple it was to completely eliminate this problem with this dehumidifier in my corner. All I had to do was decide what humidity level I was most comfortable with as far as my bedroom goes, utilize the simple button control to convey this information to the unit, and enjoy the results.
When it came time to empty the water tank, I had a much easier time doing so than I previously thought I would. The tank is located right in front and includes a splash guard and carry handle to make transporting it to the sink or tub a snap. I also found it very helpful that the unit features an automated feature that not only shuts the unit off when the tank is close to being full, but alerted me to the fact that it needed my attention. I’m a busy gal, so I really appreciated being able to turn the device on and forget it for the most part.
Energy-Efficient Is Right!
At first I was skeptical as to Frigidaire’s claims that running this dehumidifier really wouldn’t affect my electric bill that much, but I’m happy to say that they were true to their word. I hardly even noticed the difference in what I had to pay. My husband and I have really been looking into ways to live greener, more environmentally-conscious lives as well, so I really feel like this is a guilt-free solution anyone would be able to get behind. In fact, the unit was so inexpensive and energy-conscious to run, I bought two more to run in each of my children’s rooms so they could enjoy the benefits as well.
My Respiratory System Is Still Thanking Me
The difference in the discomfort I experienced thanks to allergies and asthma is markedly reduced as well and really… nothing really does more than take the edge off as a rule. This includes my prescription medications. Who knew that all I really needed was to regulate my environment a bit more thoroughly! I haven’t been able to breathe this freely in years and I am honestly beginning to wonder what I did before I discovered this amazing machine. My days of waking up in the morning with my usual sinus headache and stuffy nose are long over with.
Best of all, my kids are breathing easier as well. My youngest who was especially prone to sinus infections, illness and sore throats almost never gets those anymore. I’m convinced that my placing a Frigidaire dehumidifier in his bedroom at night and during the day while he plays is responsible for that. Don’t believe me? Ask his pediatrician! Even he said that the microbial filter attached to this machine would greatly enhance the quality of the air he breathes and reduce his likelihood of getting sick significantly. He even complimented me for being such an attentive mother!
What I Loved About This Unit
- The ease of use in regards to emptying the water tank and moving the unit itself from room to room. I’m not a very muscular person, so I appreciated that.
- The precision with which the machine regulated the humidity level in the room.
- How quiet the device is to run. (I can run it all night even though I’m a very light sleeper.)
- How energy efficient it is. I have friends who purchased other dehumidifiers for home and had to pay significantly more in energy costs to run just one than I do to run several.
What Could Have Been Better
- I would personally have preferred a cord that was a bit longer than 6 feet, since we have a limited number of outlets in our home and not all of the locations where I would have liked to place a unit were near an existing outlet. However, this is easily fixed with an extension cord or two.
- The unit doesn’t remove the moisture from the air quite as quickly as other units that use more energy to get the job done. I suppose this is part of the trade-off that comes with cost-consciousness.
- It runs a little warmer than I’d like, which can be a problem on really hot summer days or in rooms that tend to heat up easily.
My Overall Assessment
Although this unit isn’t perfect, it really got the job done and got it done well. I especially thought it was an excellent value for the price and I was especially impressed that it doesn’t cost me an arm and a leg to operate a couple of these units in my home. Most importantly, it really works and it significantly improved the air quality of my home for myself and my children. If you have allergies or respiratory issues, then you don’t need to be told what a relief that is! I feel completely comfortable recommending it to anyone looking for reliable dehumidifiers for home.
Where Can You Buy the Frigidaire Dehumidifier?
You can buy this Frigidaire Dehumidifier from Amazon. At the moment they include free shipping and from what I can tell when comparing prices with other online merchants, Amazon do currently have the best deal especially with the free shipping option. Click here to view on Amazon.
Where Can You Read More Reviews for the Frigidaire Dehumidifier?
The best place for reviews from people who actually use the product is Amazon. Click here to read more.