I Hate to Clean
The Hoover Platinum Lightweight Upright Vacuum with Canister, Bagged, UH30010COM might just make me like cleaning. That’s right. I admit it. I hate to clean. I suspect I’m not alone in this. But just in case the rest of the world LOVES to vacuum, I confess. My name is D and I hate to clean *pauses for the required “Hi, D” response*. I have a feeling it might be related to my vacuum cleaner. When I bought it, it was as top of the line machine with a few nice little tools and seemingly everything I would need to make cleaning fun. Wait. You DO read sarcasm, don’t you? Well, the machine is fine, but a pain in the patootie. Dragging that thing up and down stairs; trying to hold it up to vacuum above doorways and window treatments (I don’t do it often, but when the house starts to look haunted, I have no choice); and doing the stairs? Are you kidding me? Now, I will miss the various electrical tape “decorations” along the cord, but I think it’s time for a new cleaner. I began to scour the vacuum cleaner reviews. And I’m thinking the Hoover Platinum Lightweight Upright Vacuum with Canister, Bagged, UH30010COM.
Clearly, a Woman was Involved in the Design
Let’s face it. Vacuuming is mostly done by women, though I am incredibly lucky to have a husband who doesn’t mind doing it. But let’s just consider the fact that women are the ones who use the machine the most. When I looked at this Hoover vacuum, I was convinced. The features are incredible. I think that if I could, I would marry this machine. I watched the embedded video three times to make sure I wasn’t hallucinating. This vacuum is a beautiful thing. And I am lusting after it. Or maybe I just want it really, really badly.
I should explain why I am so enamored of this Hoover vacuum. It has all the right stuff to make cleaning easy. Seriously. Here, let me show you:
- It weighs less than 12 lbs. so it can be carried easily.
- WindTunnel technology digs out dirt embedded in the carpet and reduces blowback and scatter so you don’t have to go over the same spot over and over and over again.
- Intuitive Power Controls located right where you need them… at your fingertips so you can change speeds quickly and easily.
- Easy-Change Bag made with HEPA media. HEPA stands for high efficiency particulate absorbing. This means less dust and microscopic particulates are released into the air while vacuuming. This is especially useful in houses with people with allergies. (not to mention people who hate to change vacuum bags)
- The Self-Sealing Bag puts an end to those annoying puffs of dust and dirt that inevitably end up in the air when changing a bag.
- A Bag Check Indicator lets you know when the bag is getting full… you know, instead of when you smell that funky smell.
- Extra-long 35 foot power cord. Goodbye, plugging in behind that armoir.
- No scuff bumper. Do you have any idea how many scuffs I have on my molding and around the edges of my furniture? Me neither. I’m afraid to count.
- Edge Cleaning Channels that actually have bristles and suction that clean to the edge of the vacuum. No more pulling out that pointy tool to go around the edge of the room a second time. (yeah, I do that once a year or so because… well, it’s a pain)
- Auto Height Adjustment. I love this. That ridiculous indicator on my old model has little lines indicating the height of the carpet or the bare floor and I have to get down there and slide it around to figure out where it should be. It’s about time someone figured out how to get the machine to do it for me!
- 6 year warranty. Seriously. SIX years.
- The Hoover Platinum Collection Portable Canister reminds me of those Ghostbuster vacuums but it doesn’t have the double back strap – it’s more of a sling strap.
- The portable unit has a 25 foot power cord.
- It also has the easy change bag with HEPA filter to trap 99.97% of dust and pollens.
- The Portable Canister has 4 onboard tools. The 12 inch extension wand, crevice tool, upholstery brush, and hard floor tool.
See What I Mean?
Okay, so it doesn’t come with a robotic maid to actually run it, but the features are amazing. This has to make my work much easier. Just the portable unit for fast spill cleanup, bathroom floor vacuuming, or just doing the stairs seems incredible. I’m getting a little closer to clicking “add to cart” just writing this.
This is probably the part the guys want to read. Stereotypical? Yes. True? Possibly.
- 12 amp motor
- Direct air-flow technology plus Windtunnel technology
- Illuminated fingertip controls
- 2 speeds
- Self-sealing HEPA bag
- Check bag indicator
- Canister vacuum, bare floor brush, dusting brush, crevice tool, and telescoping wand (no, not like Harry Potter, but I’m hoping for a cleaning magic wand in the next version)
- 15.5 x 13 x 38.2 inches
- Average customer review 4.5 out of 5 stars in 467 reviews
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Obviously, I had to read the reviews. A site selling a product will say ANYTHING to sell. But people who actually buy and use the product are much more objective. Here’s what I found out…
- This vacuum has everything I need to make house cleaning easier.
- The accessories and portable vac will make this an all-purpose tool for the entire house. I will no longer need my upright, canister, handheld, and electric broom. (yes, I REALLY own and use all of those now)
- The reviews are amazing. They praise maneuverability, LED headlight, lifetime belt (yay!), and a stair cleaning handle.
- Brush roll raises but doesn’t stop on uncarpeted surfaces. Not sure I want to take the chance on scratching the hardwood floors.
- Expensive ($5 bags) bags – but they are big and self-sealing, so I suppose this is why they cost more.
- Some users had issues with the check bag light circuit.
- Users reported some difficulty with dealing with Hoover customer service response when issues arose.
338 out of 467 reviewers gave this 5 stars. It has an average of 4.5 out of 5 star reviews. The Hoover Platinum Lightweight Upright Vacuum with Canister, Bagged, UH30010COM seems to me like it’s worth a try….
Where Can You Buy the Hoover Platinum Lightweight Upright Vacuum with Canister, Bagged, UH30010COM?
You can buy this Hoover Platinum Lightweight Upright Vacuum from Amazon. At the moment they include free shipping and from what I can tell when comparing prices with other online merchants, Amazon do currently have the best deal especially with the free shipping option. Click here to view on Amazon.
Where Can You Read More Reviews for the Hoover Platinum Lightweight Upright Vacuum?
The best place for reviews from people who actually use the product is Amazon. Click here to read more.